Friday, February 8, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I am currently spending time in the real world by being in a play and a showcase. The play is based of Lysistrata but it is set in the future! I play a sex robot (think Stepford Wives) who is a twin. Almost all lines are in unison. Its crazy! Then I'm in a Valentine's Day Showcase at my campus. We are doing Seasons of Love (which I am starting as a solo then the group joins in!) which is coming together beautifully. I have ALWAYS wanted to perform this song ever since high school. Our marching band did a half time show and we had four singers chosen out of the band. I was not one of them. I was on vacation. I was too young to drive back into town to audition. I was murderous. So another girl filled the fourth slot annnnd needless to say, it was not so great all put together. So this is REDEMPTION! For me. We are also doing something I've done in my underwear in front of a mirror in the privacy of my own home, but never thought I would ever perform on stage.........we are doing........suspensssssssseee.......Cell Block Tango.

Pause for reaction.


I know its so cool! I can prance around on stage, in beat, with 5 other girls, in lingerie and not lose an ounce of dignity! Its so awesome. I am the innocent Hungarian girl. In case you're wondering, yes, her part is mostly consonants. Hahaha! It's going to be pretty cool though. We are all very excited!


So that's whats going on around here. School, work and rehearsals in heels. I am tired but delighted!

No comments:

Post a Comment